Side to side. Toss…Flip…Flop…HEALTHY PANCAKES!
Isn’t it the best feeling ever waking up in the morning with the wonderful smell of fresh baked pancakes?
We all deserve a big and healthy stack of pancakes……Don’t you agree? These ones are dense, chocolatey and the reason you need to wake up! Ohhh… melted chocolate…
These ones are made with carob flour and it’s actually the first time I’m using spelt flour. Well, I have to say that I’m already impressed….It has a supreme nut flavour and a distinct texture…really dense! For this recipe, you need a good frying pan and the quantity of milk can differ a little bit depending on the milk you’re using. So, be careful and add small portions of milk until you see the pancake texture you like!
I’m a carob lover and I think you already know that. If you want, check out another recipe of mine using carob flour ⇒ Carob Nutty Cookies
- 1 cup of whole spelt flour
- ¼ of carob flour
- ¼ of almond flour
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 cup plus ¼ of soy milk (almond milk or cow’s milk for no-vegan option)
- ¼ tablespoon of baking powder
- ¼ tablespoon of baking soda
- dark chocolate
- berries, blueberries, cherries…
- cherrie jam
- Combine the flour, the sugar, the baking soda and the baking powder in a bowl.
- Add the milk and mix well.
- Heat a fry pan greased with coconut oil on medium heat. Pour the batter and cook each pancake for 1-2 min until bubbles start to appear.
- Serve with the melted chocolate, berries and coconut….as you wish!