These days I just love this granola recipe! I guess the fact that we don’t need an oven to cook it, makes it quite a phenomenon. Hold a skillet, pour some oats, seeds, raisins, a little bit of vanilla, the charming almonds and the job it’s almost done! Toasting these ingredients with olive oil and honey will lead you to a surprising result!
A sticky clumsy granola that none seems to get enough of! It’s right as rain, you’ll want to make this recipe on repeat for a while. So start opening those jars and let’s cook! You can dance too, don’t be shy. Your pots won’t tell. Wow, homemade granola!
- ½ cup of old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup of flaked grains of barkley
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon of poppy seeds or chia seeds
- ¼ cup of sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons of honey or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon and half of olive oil
- ¾ tablespoon of vanilla and the seeds of half a split and scraped vanilla pod
- In a small saucepan, combine the olive oil, the honey and the vanilla beans. Once everything is melted add all the other ingredients except the sliced almonds. Cook over medium heat for 2-3 min.
- Mix in the sliced almonds and set to low-heat for 8-9 min, until it's kind of crispy and chewy.
- Transfer the granola to sheet of non-stick paper.
- When It's completely cooled store the vanillla almond granola in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
Serve the granola with milk or yougurt!