Twist on a favourite classic!
Deep down who doesn’t love granola?
Granola is a healthy classic and it’s pretty much like a chameleon. You can have it in different shapes, textures and flavours. You never know!
Today’s special is a Tropical Granola… sweet, crunchy and succulent! The blending of the pineapple and the cococut adds an incredible freshness to the mixture. I just love its natural taste. A spoonfull and it feels like summer..
It’s also high in fiber, vitamins and minerals and a great replacement for all the supermarket granolas filled with sugar and feed aditives. It’s incredible how simply you can make it. Honestly, you just need a big bowl and a lot of cereals!
Notes: You can use raisins instead of the cranberries. If you prefer bigger clusters add another egg white. The granola can be stored in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1 cup of old fashioned oats
- 1 cup of rice puffs
- 2 tablespoons wheat bran
- 1 cup of sliced almonds (you can use walnuts, pistachios…)
- ½ cup of shredded coconut
- ½ cup of fresh chopped pineapple
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- a hand full of dry cranberries
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix the honey and the egg white together. Combine both mixtures and pour onto the baking sheet.
- Cook for 35-40 minutes and stir the mixture at half time.
- NOTES: YOU CAN USE RAISINS INSTEAD OF THE CRANBERRIES. IF YOU PREFER BIGGER CLUSTERS ADD ANOTHER EGG WHITE. THE GRANOLA CAN BE STORED IN AN AIRTIGHT CONTAINER FOR UP TO TWO WEEKS.
Well, there it is! That wonderful smell around the house! Enjoy!