Spoil your mom with this wonderful Walnut Cake…..
We have to agree that mums deserve a special treat every once in a while….This is a great choice if you’re looking forward to celebrate this day the sweetest way!
It smells wonderfully. It has an incredible walnut fragrant aroma that makes baking it worth your while. What else? It has a strong coconut flavour, the inside is super moisty and velvety…. It’s eggless, light and highly delicious!
Learn more about walnuts:
Walnuts are the seed of a drupe or drupaceous nut. They are anti-inflammatory (high in omega-3 and essential fatty acids) and an amazing source of antioxidants and minerals (like calcium, chromium, iron, magnesium and a lot more…). The most incredible property of walnuts is the presence of vitamin E, which is very rare to find and has a bunch of good benefits that help to protect your body from diseases and improve your blood circulation. Cheer up! It’s good for your hair too, due to the vitamin B7!
⇒ Let’s bake!
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal and 6 tablespoons of water (blend the flaxseeds until it has a flour texture)
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- lemon zest and 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- ⅓ plus two tablespoons of demerara sugar (you can also use coconut sugar or muscovado sugar)
- 1 ½ teaspoon of cinnamon (add other spices you like)
- ¼ baking soda
- ¼ baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix the flaxseed meal and the water. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Then add the coconut milk, the olive oil and the sugar. Beat everything for 3-4 minutes.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, the spices, the lemon juice/zest, the baking powder and the baking soda.
- Finally, incorporate the two mixtures into one bowl and spread a hand full of walnuts on top of the cake.
- Bake the cake for 35-40 min.
My mom loved it. Ready to surprise yours?