Spoil yourself with these healthy vegan cookies. A sweet and sour lemon affair!
When life gives you lemons, please bake these cookies!
These snaps are a state of mind, incredibly tasty. With a sublime citrus flavour and chewy edges…No one will even know they’re light because they’re so good!
Have you subscribed my Newsletter yet? Go to the end of the page…More healthy recipes everyday!
Some secret tips to rock these snaps:
⇒ If you overmix the flour, the gluten from the spelt flour will develop and your snaps can get quite tough.
⇒ It’s healthier to use parchment paper or ungreased baking sheets instead of greasing baking sheets. It’ll avoid the browning too.
⇒ Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet before moving to an airtight storage container. They’ll remain fresh and keep that nice chewy texture.
⇒ Last one, don’t replace the olive oil with coconut oil. In this recipe, the mellow fruity flavour is really the key.
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- ½ cup of almond meal
- 2 tablespoond of milk (almond milk, soy milk or cow's milk)
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ cup of spelt flour or whole wheat flour
- 5 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons of poppy seeds
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- a pinch of cinnamon/ginger
- Preheat oven to 180º (350 F) and line a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, the baking soda, the baking powder and set aside.
- Next, in another bowl, combine the sugar, the olive oil and the milk using an electronic mixer or by hand. Stir well and add the lemon juice, the poppy seeds and the flour mixture. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 13-14 min.
Start “snaping” now!