You better believe it! It’s a healthy homemade instant oatmeal packet!
Fast, healthy and SPICED UP… It’s a sexy oatmeal, don’t you think?
Am I the only one having a bunch of bananas full of black spots begging to be used? Hope not!
I’m sure many of you have already heard about the popular instant oatmeal. You can find them in every market. They are really tasty and most of all easy to do. The only downside is that they are loaded with sugar, oil, food conservatives, sweeteners, calories and the list goes on and on. So, why not making your own instead? I have a nutritious and healthy alternative that you can still make in seconds and love it! It’s also better for your wallet. Prepare the oatmeal mixture (recipe below) and eat it during the week, whether you’re in a hurry or just not in the mood for cooking. Serve with fresh fruit or some BANANA foster if you have a bit more time. They give an exceptional flair to the oatmeal and go along perfectly with the spices.
Well, no more talking … let’s keep it simple and yum!
- Make ahead the instant oatmeal mixture.
- Pour over 1 cup of boiling water.
- Make the banana foster in a bubbling pan of cinnamon, coconut oil, almond butter and coconut sugar.
- Breakfast time!
If you want to know more about oats, you can always check my ⇒ HEALTHY PANTRY
Learn more about Ginger and its amazing benefits!
With a high number of antioxidants, ginger stimulates your heart beating and function. It’s also a strong anti-inflammatory that can help your body in many ways! It provide lots of benefits so try adding to your oatmeal, tea, yogurt, cookies…
- ⅓ cup of quick oats or instant oats
- 2 tablespoons of oat bran or wheat bran
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of date syrup
- Spices (½ tablespoon of cinnamon+¼ tablespoon of ginger+ ¼ tablespoon of nutmeg
- 1 banana
- 1 teaspoon of almond butter
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of coconut sugar
- A pinch of cinnamon
- Take a glass, a bowl or a jar and pour the oatmeal packet (all the ingredients mixed).
- Add the boiling water and mix everything (about 1 cup of water).
- Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and wait 1-2 min.
- Add all the ingredients to a pan on low heat. Keep mixing until caramelised and slightly golden brown.
- This recipe only works with instant oats or quick oats. If using old-fashioned oats you won't achieve the same creamy texture!
When it’s thick and creamy … It’s ready to eat!