In the blink of an eye! PLINK!
It’s amazing how simple things can be so damn good! This time, it is a two-step breakfast. Our mission? To make the most desirable crêpes ever! If you’re a lazy cook raise your hand because this recipe is for you! And me!
There are lots of ways of using “Tapioca”. So, I present you guys to the amazing “Crepioca” (crêpes+tapioca). It’s very popular in Brazil and it has endless combinations! It tastes good with almost everything. You can eat it as a breakfast topped with fruit and almond butter or as a dinner filled with smoked salmon, for example.
Benefits of tapioca:
⇒ low in calories
However, it has high glycemic levels so you need to incorporate oat bran, flaxmeal or chia seeds to add fiber that slows the digestion process of the tapioca. The egg gives you protein too!
Take a look! 1….2….Done!
- 2 tablespoons of hydrated tapioca flour or manioc starch (if you use tapioca starch see the note below)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of milk (use almond milk or soy milk for a non-dairy option)
- 1 tablespoon of oats
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds/flaxseeds/oat bran
- ½ tablespoon of coconut oil
- ½ banana (or peaches, bluerries, apples, pineapple or whatever strikes your fancy!)
- Whisk the the egg, the tapioca, the oats and the flaxseeds in a bowl.
- Heat up the coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and pour the whole mixture.
- Flip and cook each side 1-2 min. DONE!
- NOTE: IN A BOWL MIX 3 TABLESPOONS OF TAPIOCA STARCH AND ADD 25 ML OF WATER. MIX WITH YOUR HANDS UNTIL YOU GET A CRUMBLY AND MOIST TEXTURE. THEN, FOLLOW THE THREE STEPS OF THE RECIPE.