With a nod to the north, this recipe gets its velvety texture from almond milk, cooked quinoa and maple syrup. They work alongside with a delicious chocolate frosting to make the best beet cake you’ve ever tasted…
Quinoa Red Velvet Cake With Chocolate Frosting
My favourite chocolate cake!
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa
- 1/4 of almond milk
- 3/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 beetroot
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 of cacau powder or cocoa powder
- 1 cup + 1/2 of rolled oats
- 1/4 tablespoon of baking powder+ baking soda
- extra: a pinch of salt
- 150 g de chocolate amargo 70% de cacau
- 180 m vegetal milk
- 1 g of agar agar
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- extra: 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC(350F) and
- Add all the wet ingredients to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Add the blender mixture.
- Divide the batter between 2 pans lined with baking paper.
- Bake the cakes for 40 min (don't worry if the cake isn't completely solid, it's suppose to be moist inside!).
- Melt the chopped chocolate on bain-marie. When fully melted add the soy milk and the other ingredients. On low heat, mix everything until well combined. Remove from the heat and place the chocolate mixture above a bigger bowl full of ice. Wait 5 minutes, it should get silky and have a thick texture. YUM!
- For the frosting, you'll need any vegetal milk, soy milk, almond milk or at milk.
Healthy SweetSpotting http://sweet-spotting.com/