Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies with dark chocolate stains…
What’s a peanut butter cookie without chocolate? It’s like a beach without sand. It’s not a totally disaster but still very, very incomplete!
Peanut butter is one of the most amazing things in the world. I know I’m just talking about peanut butter but the thing is “peanut butter is incredible”. Nothing tops its ultrageous texture and its nutty flavour! It’s a long time favourite at my house, we buy our own peanuts and just blend them until fully creamy. It’s really that easy and quite fun do. It’s exactly what I call “2 in 1”. You get to lick the whole blender and you can make the most unsual and thrilling combinations. Like cinnamon peanut Butter or Almond peanut butter! It’s sounds crazy, right? Well, no worries! In these cookies, I’ve use the classic peanut butter (no weird ingredients!). Just peanuts, chocolate and more chocolate…
The crucial step for these cookies is beating the coconut oil with the peanut butter. You can only add the remaining ingredients, if you have a fluffy and creamy batter ready to rock! If this step goes according to plan, you are set to go. You’ll have some fantastic cookies with super-crispy edges!
Ready to join the peanut cookie trip? I am. Oops! Again…
- ¼ cup of solid coconut oil
- 2 full tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup of dark brown sugar (or muscovado sugar)
- 3 tablespoons of spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of cacao powder/cocoa powder
- chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 180º (350ºF) and line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the coconut oil and the peanut butter. Beat in the egg and the sugar and until creamy. Stir in the flour and the baking soda and combine everything. Fold in the chocolate chips and remove ¼ of the dough to a bowl to prepare the stains.
- Add the cocoa/cacau powder to the dough and mix.
- Scoop the batter into medium balls and drop them onto parchment lined baking sheet.
- With the chocolate mixture create the stains and bake the cookies for 10-11 min.
- Let cool completely on the baking sheets and store the cookies up to 1 week.