The hunt for the most perfect, delicious and healthy Orange Cake is finally over!
What can really go wrong when oranges meet Brazilian nuts? It’s like they are soulmates, twins or the perfect symphony! This cake is super succulent and moisty. It’s that one cake you should bake for after your Sunday roast. I bet everyone in your family would love it until the last crumbs. Brazilian nuts are the rage these days!
Learn more about Brazilian nuts:
- They contain many helpful nutrients as protein (amino acids), fiber, selenium, vitamin E and magnesium). With a high caloric level these nuts help boost your immune system and your bones due to their magnesium.
I actually never said it before on the blog but I usually grease the cake tin with coconut oil (substitute with olive oil in case you don’t have it) and whole wheat flour. When I ‘m baking cookies, I usually use an ungreased cookie sheet, which is a lot healthier and easier (your kitchen doesn’t get all dirty) to wash!
- 5 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons of coconut flour
- ⅓ plus one tablespoon of almond flour
- ½ cup of whole cane sugar
- ¼ tablespoon of baking soda
- 1 orange
- orange zest
- 7-8 Brazilian nuts
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
- Melt the coconut oil for 1-2 min on the microwave.
- Pour the coconut oil into a bowl and let it cool for 5 min. Then, add the whole cane sugar, the egg and mix (you can use a tablespoon or a whisker).
- Squeeze the juice of an orange and add to the mixture. Don’t forget to put about one teaspoon of orange zest.
- Stir in the flour (coconut flour and almond flour) and the baking soda.
- Chop the Brazilian nuts and add them too!! Crunchyness…
- Pour the mixture into a prepared pan and bake for 15-17 min (do the toothpick test).