Holy Cow! It’s a healthy nutritious Nutellaaaaa … Thick and chocolatey! Yes, it’s as amazing as it sounds!
Make it for Nutella Day on the 5th of February! I will publish a special recipe then, featuring this Nutella recipe.
Millions around the globe celebrate Nutella Day and the love for cocoa and hazelnuts! I’m in too, but it needs to be a lot healthier! Who’s joining me?
A few months ago, I shared the Hazeldate Chocolate Spread. It’s an easy, functional recipe and truly yummy. The difference between that one and the one I’m sharing today is the texture. This version is creamier and looks a lot like nutella. The flavour is similar to ferrero rocher, too! The hazeldate Chocolate Spread has a lumpier texture. So be my guest, and enjoy the one you like best. One thing I can promise: both of them are worth trying …
After reading some articles about the popular “nutella”, I was determined to find a natural, sugar-free alternative! And I’m just over the moon … It’s so gooood and delicious. You’ll never want store-
Here’s how I healthified this NUTELLA:
- added almond milk (replaces the oil and adds moisture and nutrients)
- I’ve used dates and maple syrup for sweetness.
- omitted refined sugar.
- I’ve used dark cocoa powder (higher in antioxidants)!
Making this nutella is almost as simple as blending all the ingredients in a food processor. Of course hazelnuts are the main ingredient! Who would have thought that such a small thing could have so much flavour!
How can I remove the hazelnut skins? Don’t freak out! Boil them with a teaspoon of baking soda. They’ll get really soft and the skins will come out easily. Soft hazelnuts = smooth texture!
Want to enjoy more healthy hazelnut recipes?
Then, once you have the spread, use it to make your favorite sandwich or as an oatmeal topping! Or eat it just out of the jar!
- 380 g of toasted hazelnuts
- 200 ml of almond milk
- 6 dates
- a dash of honey or maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons of cocoa powder or cacau powder
- extra: 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Toast the hazelnuts on low heat for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat and rub the nuts in a towel to remove loose skins (if they don't come out completely, it's fine).
- Start by blending the hazelnuts! Then add the remaining ingredients until creamy! Enjoy the most delicious NUTELLA ever!
- Store in an airtight container up to two / three weeks. This creamy nutella must be kept in the fridge!