Hazelnuts + dates + chocolate= Toothsome!!
Some days you just want a giant tablespoon of this chunky spread……….
I have a secret spot in my kitchen where I keep this spread, so nobody in my house really knows for sure where it is… I bet once you try it you will feel the need to do the same! Lumpy Hazeldate Chocolate Spread? What? No, it’s gone days ago, really… Oops…. secret spot … so worth it!
Hazelnuts are on my top 5 nuts ever… they rock a strong and unique flavour and give angel wings to any recipe!
You can spread this treasure on a slice of bread or, as I prefer, as a topping for fruit and oatmeal!
This recipe is made in a blender or food processor and this is the part when chocolate hits the hazelnuts!
- 1 cup of hazelnuts
- 5 dates
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of date syrup (or more honey)
- 2 pieces of melted chocolate
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- In a high-speed blender or a food processor grind the hazelnuts, until you achieve a smooth mixture.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour into the jar and store it in the fridge for 7-days (if it lasts that long…).
- Note: You can add more dates for a lumpier texture or more melted chocolate for a smoothier version.