Can a Lamington pretend to be a brownie for a day? Hell yes! It’s your kitchen, your rules!
They’re so beautiful.
Do you need any other reason to bake these brownies ? …I thought so. But I’ll tell you anyway: they’re heavenly delicious! I’m not to be trusted near these guys. What about you?
There are infinite brownie recipes, but this one absolutely stands out from the browny crowd! They’re eggless, butterless and inspired in the famous Australian treat called Lamingtons, which is an Australian cake with a fluffy sponge base dipped in chocolate and covered with lots of coconut flakes. It’s difficult to top their beauty, so I decided to change things a bit, but still tried to keep the lamington essence.
Let me know if you try this recipe…can’t wait to see those warm brownies! Subscribe to my newsletter on the bottom of this page!
- 60g of dark chocolate (more than 70%)
- 1 yogurt (120g - it can be greek yogurt, vegan or natural)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- ¼ of a cup of honey plus 2 tablespoons of brown dark sugar
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 1 cup of oat flour
- ¼ of almond meal (or hazelnut)
- ¼ tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup of strawberry or raspberry jam (see notes)
- 8-10 blackberries
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate and the coconut oil in bain-marie on low-heat or on the micromicrowave for 1-2 min. When it’s smooth remove from the heat and add the honey, the olive oil and the yogurt. Stir in the oat flour, the almond flour, the cocoa powder and the baking powder. Mix all together.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 14-15 min. Let it cool down and cut into evenly quares, spread a thin layer of rasbperry/strawberry jam. Sprinkle a healthy dose of shredded coconut and add blackberies too!
- Go to this link to find a healthy strawberry jam: http://sweet-spotting.com/healthy-mini-cherrie-pies-paleo-recipe/