The one and only healthy KRISPIES are finally here!
Little bursts of sunbutter with crispy barley puffs! They’re so delicious, you won’t want to share with anyone.
Who said you had to give up on your krispies to be healthy? Well, they’re wrong. These are the ones who you won’t let get away…of that I’m sure!
Sometimes, we all just feel like snacking around…right? So, here’s a healthful snack loaded with flavour to enjoy any time of the day. I secretly nicknamed them “Sticky fingers” because they are really, really sticky and you know when they’re around because there are tiny foodprints all over the place.
Here’s the thing, instead of using rice and peanut butter to make the Krispies I’ve use sunflower seed butter and barley. It’s a delicious bona fide invention, don’t you think? And…It results in a chemical reaction of dark intense flavours, almost like caramel. It can all be mixed in one bowl too!
Have you ever tried sunflower butter? Go ahead…I’m passionate about it! Spread it on your toast or add to oatmeal and yogurt.
Learn more about sunflower seeds:
- It’s loaded with vitamin E and antioxidants (they help lowering and balancing your cholesterol).
- High in healthy fats and fiber (carry vitamins through the body)
- Rich in minerals (magnesium, potassium, iron and manganese- they help improving every single action of your body!)
- And….High in protein (good for your muscles!)
Want more healthy recipes and baking tips! Go to the end of the page and subscribe to my Newsletter! Can’t wait for you to see what’s next on SweetSpotting!
- 3 cups of sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon of honey/cinnamon
- 1 cup of sunflower butter
- 2 cups of barley puffs
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- Roast the sunflower seeds for 10-15 minutes in the oven or 10 min in the cooker.
- Using a food processor, blend all the ingredients until smooth (the time depends).
- Store the butter in a container on the fridge or start preparing the KRISPIES!
- Melt the sunflower butter with the honey on low heat. Combine the puffs with the cinnamon in a medium bowl and gently fold the hot sunbutter mixture with the spoon. Press the mixture firmly into a prepared pan and place it on the fridge. Wait about 1 hour before cutting into squares.
- Maintain the Krispies on the fridge for 6-7 days.