The epic healthy frozen dessert for the summer!
Vanilla Ice cream squeezed between the soft chocolate chip cookies…with no butter, eggs or refined sugar. These ice cream cookies are sinless and so delicious! I guess I can say I’ve got you covered for the summer.
If you love cookies and ice cream, you’ll absolutely adore these Ice Cream Sandwiches. It’s as right as rain! They’re a flawless marriage between the subtle ice cream and the fresh-baked cookies. There’s always room for this refreshing goodie!
Feel free to use pecans or almonds to add some texture and crunch to your cookie base! I’ve used the chocolate chunks. Who can resist this classic topping?
⇒ You can store the sandwiches in wax-paper bags or plastic wrap and put them in the freezer.
⇒ Use a round cookie cutter, if you want that sandwich to be spot on! Or cut them into funny shapes. There are multiple uses for the leftovers (eat it directly!!)
Chunky Ice Cream Sandwiches
- ⅓ cup of brown sugar
- 1 yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil (or coconut oil)
- 170 g of oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of almond milk (or any other milk you have)
- a dash of honey
- chocolate chunks
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup of honey or maple syrup
- 1 scraped vanilla bean
- Whisk all the ingredients in a bowl, until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a covered container and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until it’s thick enough to scoop.
- Preheat oven to 180º (350°F) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil.
- In a medium bowl, mix the oat flour and the baking soda.
- In another bowl, stir together the sugar and the yoghurt. Then, add the milk, the honey and the olive oil and stir again until well combined.
Subscribe my blog to receive my newsletter!!!