Nut-free, gluten-free paleo macaroons….BOO’YAL!
“Trick or treat. Be so sweet.
Give me something good to eat”.
Ghost Orange Macaroons
- 2 cups + 1/2 of shredded coconut
- 1/3 can of coconut milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 6 tablespoons of mandarin orange juice (see notes)
- mandarin orange zest
- extra: 1 teaspoon of brown sugar or honey
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180oC) and line a large non-stick cookie sheet.
- Whip the egg whites and vanilla extract on a medium bowl, until soft peaks. Add the coconut milk and combine everything.
- Finally, it's time to stir in the shredded coconut and the orange juice/zest.
- Shape the macaroons in a "ghost kinda way" and bake them for 25 min or until golden brown. Let them cool on the oven for a crispier texture....Next, knock yourself out dressing the little ghosts to perfection.
- You'll need the juice of one mandarin orange. Add some zest too for more flavour.
- Toasting the shredded coconut can be a good alternative for a deeper taste but it takes a bit more time. It's worth your time, though!
Healthy SweetSpotting http://sweet-spotting.com/