When black cats prowl and lemons gleam, may luck be yours on Halloween.
The healthiest and spookiest lemon mousse ever!
Even though the ghosts are out and the witches are flying, there’s nothing to be scared about this creamy lemon dessert!
Succulent cookie crumbs with some terrific lemony mousse…Are you in a hurry to prepare for Halloween night or just needing a healthy Halloween treat? Go ahead and try this one over here!
It’s a late lazy idea to “healthyfy” your Halloween but I can assure you: it’s creamy, silky and has the right amount of acidity!
I’ve reinvented this recipe and instead of using regular cream to give consistency to the mousse, I’ve used gelatin and egg whites. The first step is beating the egg whites until stiff, and then toss in the gelatin. Scroll down to the recipe and you’ll also find that I’ve added a few simple ingredients to make the texture amazing. Like coconut, vanilla and lemon zest! And… Maybe we are thinking about the exact same thing! COOKIE CRUMBS! Yes! Who can resist these bad bad guys? I’ve used an old cookie recipe of mine that I’ve baked a bunch of times….and it’s marvelous! Egg-less too and you can totally make in one big bowl! Just pour in all the ingredients and mix. If you want, bake an extra batch of the cookies and add some chocolate chips or nuts! They’ll get MARVELOUS!
- 60 g of oat flour
- 4 tablespoons of milk
- 4 tablespoons of brown sugar (see notes!)
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1/4 tablespoon of baking soda + 1/3 tablespoon of baking poder
- 4 egg whites
- 1 packet of lemon gelatine (see notes)
- 3 tablespoons of shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- lemon zest
- Cookie crumbs
- Beat the melted coconut oil with the sugar and the milk. Stir in the flour mixture (oat flour, baking soda and baking powder) and combine everything. Drop the cookie dought on the cookie dish (make a big round cookie using all the dough).
- Extra: Throw in some chocolate chunks!
- Bake for 15 min, until soft and golden brown. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack.
- Let cool completely. Using your fingertips break the cookie dough in small chunks (almost like a crumble!). Set aside.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Mix the gelatin with 500 ml of hot water.
- Add to the egg whites and pour in the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a closed container and place on the fridge for 30 min.
- When it's ready to serve, cut the edges of 6 lemons and carve them like pumpkins (make them scary!). Sprinkle the cookie crumbs on TOP.
- I've used a sugarless gelatin packet, with no fat and conservatives. Try to choose the most natural option.