A joyful jumble of sticky date caramel between two generous layers of dark chocolate…A sinful last minute dessert to pull off in a couple minutes and stun everyone!
What’s always in season? CHOCOLATE! There’s nothing better than fudgy, gooey and enticing chocolate cups. But be warned, they’re very addictive too!
I faithfully believe in chocolate…anytime, anywhere, always! That sweet, strong flavour that never fails to bring sunshine to your day. I even believe in chocolate for breakfast. If it is the right type, of course!
Now, I’ve been working non-stop lately and one of these nights I arrived home ready to bake a nice dessert for a friend who was coming over for dinner, only to find an almost empty pantry.
And then it hit me, out of the blue I came up with these chocolate cups and now I’m enthralled. All hope is lost: I’m beyond salvation. Can you blame me? They’re just soooo good, the perfect finish to a meal or a morning snack. In my case, they were the cherry on top of a quick pasta dish, as there was nothing else at hand.
Never judge a book by its cover…these little guys over here may look small but they are stuffed with real healthy ingredients and lots of flavour!
They’re guiltless because they’re natural and healthy. You can use them in so many different occasions and they will always surprise everyone. They’re that gorgeous!
The highlights are juicy dates, creamy salted peanut butter and dark chocolate!
This recipe also calls for a few more ingredients that intensify the caramel texture and create a well-balanced craving.
Why use Dates?
- First of all, they’re heavenly delicious!
- A natural way to sweeten your recipes…
- Extremely rich in minerals and vitamins (like A, B and C);
- High in soluble fibers;
- No fat or cholesterol included;
- Great energy booster;
- Reduce blood pressure and stroke risk.
Special Clue: Want your healthy caramel to be extra-smooth? Well, soak the dates overnight! This small process will make the blending process easier because the dates will be really soft and tender. Don’t worry, they won’t lose their properties!
Thick and salted PEANUT BUTTER!
- High in protein!
- Rich in energy;
- Keeps you fuller for longer;
- Regulates blood sugars;
- Contains healthy fats (monosaturated);
- Reduces the risk of diabetes and cancer.
Peanut Butter is my favourite nut butter! I daily eat it with a spoon of yogurt, an apple or just plain oatmeal. For this recipe, I decided to use a special roasted peanut butter to add a smoky deep flavour to my cups. So, I roasted the peanuts at 200ºC for 5 minutes and then I just blended them with a pinch of salt. It’s unbelievably easy and tastes amazing!
Special Clue: Try to make your own peanut butter! It’s so much healthier and you can also personalize it as you like it (chocolate peanut butter or cinnamon peanut butter…).
- Dark Chocolate (+ 70 % cacao)
- Full of minerals and rich in minerals!
- Promotes blood circulation;
- Strong anti-oxidant (you better believe it!).
As an official chocolatarian, I’ve got a little box in my house where I keep my dark chocolate! Usually, I only have simple dark chocolate but sometimes I like to make my own barks and add a bunch of seeds and dried fruit! Even though, dark chocolate is very nutritious, it’s also high in calories, so enjoy it but with moderation and keep in mind the quantity (2-3 pieces a day never hurt anyone!).
Subscribe to my daily newsletter!
You can find more about my recipes here ⇒ https://www.recipelion.com/Candy-Recipes/Healthy-Chocolate-Cups
- 2 cups of dates
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- A pinch of cinnamon
- 200 g of dark chocolate
- Extra: chopped peanuts
- Blend the dates, the peanut butter, the vanilla extract and the cinnamon until smooth. Set aside.
- Microwave the chocolate and the coconut oil until completely melted.
- Spoon the melted chocolate into muffin cases (I’ve used silicone ones) and chill in the refrigerator for a couple of minutes.
- Remove the muffin cases from the freezer and drop a big tablespoon of the dates caramel into each cup. Add the remaining melted chocolate and place on the freezer for 20 minutes! Ready to show off and enjoy.