In two words: Filling and nutritious!
This is a family recipe and it’s really special for me because I always make it with my mother. It’s really hearty and very simple to make!
Brown mushrooms are my favourite. They’re luscious and full of flavour.
My mushroom soup is what I call a no-brainer. It’s the poster recipe for healthy comfort food. It’s both light and creamy. It warms up your belly and not just for a cold winter’s night.
- 1 courgette
- 1 onion
- 1 potato
- 6 brown mushrooms
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 cups and a half of water
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh chopped chives
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- Start by cutting the mushrooms in slices.
- Then peel and slice the courgette, the potato, the onion and the garlic cloves into a bowl.
- Bring the water to boil, add the olive oil, some salt and the vegetables to the pot.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes (until the vegetables are tender).
- Use an immersion blender or a magic wand to blend all the ingredients. Add some pepper (or nutmeg) according to your taste.
- You can have it right away but be warned: it might burn your tongue. Just let it chill for a bit.
Serve the soup with fresh chopped chives on top!