Oatmeal is always a good way to start your day…
About a year ago I started eating oatmeal regularly and I’ve become a big fan! I eat it at least three times a week and when I’m in a hurry I usually do it on the microwave. It only takes three minutes and I’m sure you won’t get disappointed.
I’ve already tried to convince my whole family to eat it too. However, no results so far! The question is “How can they resist to something so creamy and tasty”? This variation of oatmeal is without a doubt one of my favourite oat recipes ever. It’s a flavour explosion and the combination of the blackberries with the almond butter results in an edgy contrast. If you prefer to save time during breakfast, do this recipe overnight and put it on the fridge. It gets great too!
Learn more about blackberries:
Blackberries are extremely high on fiber and vitamin C. They have low calories and they contain a really special nutrient called manganese, which helps in all the brain functions.
- ½ cup of rolled oats
- ½ cup of milk (almond milk..)
- 5 tablespoons of water
- ½ tablespoon of vanilla extract or a dash of honey
- 1 tablespoon of almond butter
- popcorn (I did it a few days before on the microwave)
- Use a small bowl and mix all the ingredients gently.
- Place the oatmeal two-three minutes on the microwave.
- Once the mixture starts to boil the oatmeal is ready.
- Finally, the funniest part….the toppings! Go ahead, spoil yourself!