A healthy pile of vegetables under a perfectly cooked eggplant! Cheesy on the outside and tender on the inside…
Use the ingredientes you have on your fridge and begin preparing this 5-star meal!
Everywhere eggplants are one of the most loved vegetables and I totaly get that! They’re juicy, tasty, versatile, easy to cook and so much more! You gotta agree with me on this one…They look so upscale, don’t they?
Calm down! Looks can be very deceiving because this Italian-inspired dish is not rocket science at all! It consists of 3 steps:
⇒ Prepare and cut the vegetables.
⇒ Braise the vegetables with the coconut oil and add the shrimps, some more spices…
⇒Fill your eggplants to the brink, sprinkle some cheese on top (or not) and put them on the oven!
Once you taste it…BOOM in your mouth! It’s delish and you just can’t resist the shrimps. I don’t like cheese but I topped some eggplants with it and my family loved it. Make it as you like them too.
Let’s press play and take a look at the recipe!
- 3 eggplants
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 red onion
- 1 carrot
- half a red pepper
- 300 g of boiled shrimps
- a bit of fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 6 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 médium-sized sweet potato
- half an aubergine
- 1 tomato
- 8 mushrooms
- half a leek
- juice of half a lemon
- a pinch of salt/ a mix of ground pepper spices/chili powder
- Extra: grated cheese
- Heat oven to 180º (350°F) and choose a square baking tray. Prepare and chop all the vegetables into medium chunk squares. Cut the eggplant in half and scoop out the center.
- Heat the coconut oil, the onion and the garlic in a large pan over medium eat. Stir in the chopped vegetables, the shrips and the lemon juice. Let it simmer and add the coconut milk, the salt and spice it up again! Let it cook for more 6 minutes and divide the mixture into each eggplant shell. Add grated cheese on top if you want. Put them in the oven for 24-25 min. Serve hot with a nice salad. I've sprinkled some fresh coriander to finish up. Wow! Best dish ever!
Subscribe to my newsletter in the bottom of the page!
Find these healthy treasures in the “sweets” category…WHISK IT UP!