Gooey, decadent and chocolatey…..What else in the world could it be? HEALTHY Brownies!
I’m a shameless chocolate lover! I honestly believe that chocolate is always a good idea and it’s a healthy treat, too! Due to that, today’s new post is dedicated to all chocolate lovers out there. Welcome!
This was my first recipe with coconut sugar and I’m already a big fan. It’s incredible how a natural sugar can add such an aromatic caramelised flavour… The brownies got so rich with a light crispy coconut crust. The texture is incredibly creamy and the melted chocolate chips on top…..It’s out of this world. I guess these little treasures have just risen up to my favourite recipe ever!
Learn more about this healthy alternative to refined sugar:
⇒ Coconut Sugar is the boiled and dehydrated sap of the coconut palm. It contains trace amounts of vitamin C and B, potassium, phosphorous, magnesium and phytonutrients (olyphenols, flavonoids and anthocyanidin).
- 5 tablespoons of coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- chocolate chips
- shredded coconut (right on top)
- Preheat your oven to 180°F.
- Whisk together the coconut sugar, the eggs and the coconut oil (until you achieve a smooth mixture).
- Stir in the dry ingredients (almond flour and cocoa powder).
- Pour into greased square pan.
- Gently sprinkle the chocolate chips and the shredded coconut.
- Bake the brownies for 15 minutes, until its sides just start to pull away from the pan.
Enjoy!! And share…or not!