Yesterday, I was at the market and I wanted to buy everything….It was all looking so good and yummy! I saw the raisins and I knew that I had to come up with a recipe! That’s when “THE CRISPY ONES” were born… The outside is kind of crispy and the inside is succulent and sweet due to the raisins…..Try and see for yourself how easy it is to bake them….with just a few ingredients you get the most wonderful cookies.
All my family loved this recipe…I’m always saying this but you should really double the recipe (WARNING the cookies disappear in minutes).
- ¾ cup demerara sugar (you can also use muscovado sugar or coconut sugar)
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons of milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 cup oat flour
- ½ tablespoon baking soda
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- a hand full of chopped raisins (you can also add chocolate chips and nuts)
- Preheat oven to 180°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together the sugar and the coconut oil in a large bowl.
- Then add the milk, oat flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Mix in the raisins using a spatula, and then drop tablespoons full of the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes until the edges are slightly golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool completely on the baking tray.
There you have it……Heart-healthy