If you are looking for a healthy creamy pumpkin pie mousse stop right there….
In Portugal, we don’t celebrate Thanksgiving but I must admit that I always had this fascination….When I think about it lots of beautiful pumpkin pies come suddenly to my mind and my eyes start to glow. So, today I felt like it was a pumpkin kind of day and I came up with a healthy pumpkin pie mousse.
This pumpkin pie mousse it’s no-bake and really creamy. I’m still quite indecisive of whether it’s a mousse or a pudding. Well, whatever…You only need to know that it just melts in your mouth and you can feel the crumbs and the chocolate sprinkles….It’s an open road that ends up with an intense classic flavour (I’m talking about the head topping- coconut sugar egg white cream).
This recipe is actually divided in four parts: crust, filling, extra filling and topping. However, don’t be scared. It’s really not that difficult to do…. Go ahead … get a sneak peek!
- ¼ of dates
- ¼ of walnuts
- ¼ oats
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 cup of cooked pumpkin
- ¼ + 2 tablespoons of demerara sugar
- Cinnamon...(or all the pumpkin spices you like)
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of coconut sugar
- chocolate shavings
- chopped walnuts
- In a food processor, pulse all the ingredients until well combined but still with a crumbly texture.
- Transfer the mixture to the bottom of your jar/pot.
- Put the coconut milk into a large bowl. Add the pumpkin pureé, the spices and the sugar. Beat for 2 minutes.
- Pour the filling over the previous layer.
- Whisk the egg white, the lemon juice and the coconut sugar. Once you achieve a creamy texture place it over the filling.
- Sprinkle the chocolate and the walnuts on top.
- Place the pots in the refrigerator for 1 hour. The mousse will gain consistency.
- Note: The recipe lasts 2-3 days refrigerated.
- Enjoy! And feel Thanksgiving once more!