Clean, delicious and filled with flavour!
This is a traditional Portuguese dish made a lot healthier but still incredibly yummy…..
Sweet Potatoes are so trendy these days…They are really healthy and have a special extra flavour! However, what actually makes them so good is the numerous special nutritional benefits they offer: lots of antioxidants, anti-imflammatory and blood sugar-regulating nutrients.
You can make this recipe as a lunch or dinner and I’m sure you’ll impress your family! Cod is a neutral fish that fits beautifully with almost everything. I have lots of recipes and dishes that include dried cod and this is one of my top favourites. You can really feel the taste of the fish and the sweetness from the sweet potatoes and the carrots, too.
- 2 carrots
- 3 medium pieces of dried salted cod (I always dissalted it before cooking)
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 onion
- 3 eggs
- garlic/parsley/cayenne pepper or white pepper
- 4 teaspoons of coconut oil
- olive oil
- Boil the cod for 10 min and shred it in a separate plate.
- Start by peeling the sweet potatoes and the carrots.
- Then cut both of them like thin sticks (the exactly same shape of regular chips).
- Put the chopped carrots and potatoes on a tray with a dash of olive oil (add spices if you desire). Cook for 15-20 min on pre-heated oven. Remove the mixture from the oven when they have a beautiful golden colour and a crispy texture!
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan and throw in the onions (it must be cut in little chuncks). Cook for a couple of minutes and add the garlic.
- The next step is adding the shredded cod and the spices (cayenne pepper, white pepper or black pepper). Mix everything and add the toasted potatoes and carrots.
- Finally, beat the two eggs in a bowl and add them to the mixture (be careful- do this on low-heat). Combine all very gently….
- NOTE: THE STEW CAN BE DONE WITH OLIVE OIL OR COCONUT OIL.
Ready to eat….Don’t forget the salad, it really gives freshness to a lovely dish!