Who dares to renegade these cookies? Not me!
Light-as-air, easy to prepare and mouth-watering….
These cookies are incredibly soft and they’re one of those special treats that I love baking. It’s just fun and if you’re really craving some chocolaty sweets you don’t need to wait that long… It only takes around 12 minutes!
The first time I tried this recipe it didn’t work out the way it was supposed to. The idea was to bake chocolate macarons! Can you believe it? Thus, this paper-thin cookies could also be called “Failed French Macarons”, but they deserve better and have stepped out of the shadow of a failed recipe long ago in my kitchen!
If you try this recipe, you’ll get me…
- 70 g of almond flour (blend your almonds!)
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup of powdered coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- Heat oven to 170° degrees.
- Beat the egg whites in a bowl, until stiff.
- Add the coconut sugar and beat again.
- Stir in the almond flour and the cocoa powder, mix for 1-2 minutes.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls of the dough onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Remove from the cookie sheet onto a wire rack and let it cool completely.