Cookies are one of those things that I love to bake. It’s easy, relaxing and fun! I couldn’t think of a better recipe to start my blog….
Chocolate Chunk Cookies
The best part is that you only need 4 ingredients: dates, walnuts, eggs and chocolate.The combination works perfectly…..the dates add that chewiness and the walnuts that deep, rich flavour.
Of course, I couldn’t forget the chocolate….What’s really a cookie without big chocolate chunks?
I’m sure this recipe won’t disappoint…..I always double the recipe!
- 1 cup (100 g) dates
- 1 cup( 100 g) walnuts
- 1 large egg
- 50 g coarsely chopped chocolate
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees andline rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- .Blend all ingredients except chocolate chunks in a blender or high-quality food processor.
- Once the mixture is well combined and smooth, transfer the dough to a medium bowl and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using an ice-cream scooper or a heaping tablespoon, scoop out the dough onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes until the edges are slightly golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool completely on the baking tray.
- The cookies last 3-5 days refrigerated.