For those who love bananas, roll the dices because it’s your turn !
It’s a healthy and moisty banana loaf with a decadent chocolate finish…..
Let LOOSE! Go bananas and bake this delicious loaf…..
My love for cooking started with some banana muffins. A few months ago, at 6 o’ clock in the afternoon, I arrived home from school and I did my first official healthy recipe. I mixed some bananas, oat flour, yogurt and a couple more ingredients and puf! There they were…my first banana muffins! The truth is that they were really awful…The only thing I got was a semi-raw dough that tasted pretty bad! It was the ultimate banana fail but I had so much fun doing it that since that time I’ve never stopped. Unfortunately, that was not my last banana fail, I have a long, long record of some miserable recipes involving bananas. Well, at some point I had to face bananas again and this time I’m truly happy with the results!
The chocolate glaze makes the loaf even more desirable and special. It also propels the characteristic banana taste!
In this recipe, I’ve used whole cane sugar. So rich and nutritious! If you want, check it out here ⇒ HEALTHY PANTRY
It’s almost too pretty to eat………..
Here are the main steps of the recipe!
Let’s do it!
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup of melted coconut oil
- ½ cup of whole cane sugar
- 1 greek yogurt or natural yogurt
- 1 cup + half of spelt flour
- 2-3 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- ¼ tablespoon of baking soda
- ¼ tablespoon of baking powder
- a pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180º (350°F) and grease a loaf pan (use coconut oil and whole wheat flour or spelt flour).
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas. Next, pour in the coconut oil, the eggs and the sugar. Stir everything and add the yogurt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour (spelt flour and oat flour) with the baking soda and the baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients to the batter and mix until everything is incorporated (add carefully spoon by spoon).
- Remove 1 cup of batter to a small bowl and stir in the cocoa powder. Add 1/2 cup dollops of the batter to the prepared loaf pan and keep alternating chocolate batter and plain batter. Use your imagination and create zebra rips or balls, show me your amazing marble creations!
- NOTE: COCOA POWDER CAN BE REPLACED WITH ½ CUP OF MELTED CHOCOLATE CHIPS. FOR A HEALTHIER BANANA BREAD USE UNSWETTENED COCOA POWDER.