Bring on the sunshine. Breakfast’s ready!
You’re just 5 minutes away of making this overnight oats…let’s do it!
Even though I love oatmeal and porridge, in the summer I prefer to eat overnight oats! It’s sweet, fresh and simple…sooo good and I never get bored of fresh fruit dipped in yogurt!
You’re about to become an overnight oat stalker so buckle up:
- Everything starts with oats – you can use old-fashioned oats but in this recipe I do prefer using quick oats. They absorb the liquid better and give a subtle lighter taste.
- A thin layer of milk- use any kind of milk (almond milk, soy milk, oat milk or cow’s milk). You choose!
- The creamiest yogurt – I’ve used a low- fat greek yogurt. It’s really delicious and thick. It goes awesomely with this recipe, but again, choose your favourite.
- and, of course, KIWIS AND BANANAS…
- Put the jar on the fridge overnight!
Oats are high in fibre and protein! They give you a good amount of healthy carbohydrates and stabilise your blood sugars too. This overnight oats give you lots of energy throughout the day and help you waking up and boost your brain…I hope I am almost convencing you to make this quick breakfast!
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons of yogurt
- ¼ cup of milk
- ½ banana
- 1 small kiwi
- 1-2 tablespoons of chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon of date syrup or honey
- Combine all the ingredients in your jar (I followed this order - oats, milk, yogurt, fruit, yogurt again and more fruit).
- Refrigerate overnight and spread some magic (Ooops, I mean some pecans)!
- Then, shout as loud as you can: Breakfast's ready you sleepyheads!
- In the morning, if the oats got too thick add a spash of milk.